Welcome to Oahu, sometimes called “The Gathering Place”. A combination of a bustling city life to laidback surf towns.
- The Hawaiian Islands: Things to Do
- Great Life Hawaii
- 15 Best Beaches on Oahu
- Best Shopping on Oahu
- Oahu Restaurants
- Top 10 Things to Do for Kids on Oahu
- Go Hawaii
Schools & Child Care
Schools on-post are Hickam Elementary and Mokulele Elementary. Honolulu County also has a number of private schools available
The Hawaii State Department of Education works with the Interstate Compact to smooth the experience for military families who enroll their children in Hawaii’s public schools. Military families often encounter challenges due to frequent relocations in service to our country. Click “Go” below for more information. The JBPHH School Liaison Office is also a valuable resource.
Army Child Development Centers (CDCs) are on-post facilities that reduce stress on families and support workforce readiness by offering full-time, part-time and hourly childcare service options for children 6 weeks to 5 years of age in nationally accredited environments. Click “Go” below for more information.
Map & Directions
- Take HI-92 W, Exit Joint Base Pearl Harbor/Hickam.
- Enter Hickam AFB at O'Malley Blvd Gate.
- Take middle lane and turn RIGHT EXIT onto Kuntz Ave.
- Turn LEFT on Kokomalei St.
- Hickam Communities Leasing Office will on your LEFT.
Click to view maps of the amenities available within your community: